Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, Radiation Oncology
Sacred Heart Hospital, Spokane, WA
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR
Asbury University, Wilmore, KY, B.A., Biology and Chemistry
Dr. Carl Jenson is a board-certified radiation oncologist at MRO St. Francis. He joined MRO in 2016.
Dr. Jenson understands that each patient likely approaches a cancer diagnosis with some fear and trepidation. Drawing upon his experience in treating patients who are battling a wide range of cancers, Dr. Jenson has a particular interest in treating cancers that can spread quickly without prompt and aggressive treatment. He uses his knowledge of cancer treatments and MRO’s advanced radiation equipment, together with the skills and compassion of the MRO Care Team to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Advanced radiation technology he relies on includes:
- Linear accelerator with dual capability to perform image-guided intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), which can achieve highly conformal dose distributions with improved target volume coverage and sparing of normal tissues
- Dedicated GE CT Simulator equipped with LAP Lasers and 4-D Respiratory Motion Management (RPM) for treatment planning
- Technology to accurately monitor tumor motion each day (4D Cone Beam CT)
- Surface image guidance technology for monitoring breath hold (DIBH) in order to avoid exposing the heart to radiation, in particular for the treatment of breast cancer (Vision RT)
Dr. Jenson enjoys canoeing and hiking, and he cooks up a mean hamburger on his barbecue grill.
Click here to learn more about what to expect from radiation treatment.
Leadership and Recognition
Previous Medical Director of the Bay Area Hospital Radiation Therapy Center in Coos Bay, OR, and the Dakota Cancer Institute in Fargo, ND.
Chairman of several committees, including the American Cancer Society‒Adult Education Subcommittee and the International Review Board of Human Studies.
U.S. News & World Report, Best Doctors‒Radiation Oncology, Minnesota
American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
American Medical Association (AMA)
Oregon Medical Association (OMA)