Fridley, MN 55432
Minneapolis Radiation Oncology (MRO) has an opening for a full-time Board-Certified/eligible Medical Physicist with at least 2 years experience post physics residency. The successful candidate will be joining our cohesive physics group providing the full range of medical physics support for our Unity Radiation Center located in Fridley, Minnesota and other clinics as necessary. This includes performing periodic calibration and QA for treatment machines, CT Simulators and image guidance systems. This position will also participate and supervise patient specific QA, treatment planning/dosimetry for all SRS/SABR treatment procedures, perform treatment chart check and provide any additional support and consultation to radiation oncologists, dosimetrist and therapists.
MRO resources include 9 Varian linear accelerators (2 True Beam, 1 Edge, 6 iX), 5 Elekta Versa/Infinity linear accelerators with Agility 160 leaf MLC, 9 GE Discovery RT and 1 Philips widebore RT CT simulators with 4DCT capability, Vision RT/OSMS systems for SGRT, 1 Gamma Med HDR and 1 Nucletron HDR across 9 free standing and one hospital based locations.
- Board Certified/Board eligible in Therapeutic Medical Physics by the American Board of Radiology
- Master’s Degree in Medical Physics, Radiological Sciences
- Prior experience in Clinical Medical Physics, including at least 2 year experience post physics residency with:
- Varian and/or Elekta Linear Accelerators
- Record and Verify Systems (Aria and/or Mosaiq)
- IMRT, VMAT, IGRT, motion management, SRS/SBRT.
- Strong treatment planning skills using the Varian Eclipse TPS and/or Monaco TPS are highly desired
MRO provides an outstanding benefits package
In addition to competitive pay, MRO provides a comprehensive benefits package for employees.
- Health Insurance – Medica
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Sharing
- Tuition and Continuing Education Allowance
- Licensure and Certificate Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Days
- Employer Paid Parking
- Sam’s Club or Costco Membership
- Service and Anniversary Awards
- Dues and Journal Allowance